READYMADE A NEW SERIES BY VROOOM
Besides the regular Vrooom concerts (that happen appr. once a month) Vrooom has started a new concert series called Readymade. It will happen on several location and is supposed to be an event that acts as a playground for (mainly) Rotterdam musicians to play improvised music. As we’re slow starters we will do it once a month until the summer (of 2016), and hope to map all the Rotterdam musicians that are interested in playing improv… The idea is to pursue the Readymades (after the summer) on a more regular basis (twice, 4 times a month?)… It should function as a try out/meeting point for all Rotterdam musicians that dare to play this stuff…
At the moment we have Poortgebouw & Koffie & Ambacht as locations.
So this is the way we’d like to work;
– Tell us you want to play @Readymade. We’ll find you a date and curate the thing. Maybe you want to play with certain people.. that can be arranged too (if these certain people agree of course). Else, we’ll find you a good match…
– We will invite musicians ourselves as well of course.
– at each event we count on 4/5 musicians that play 2 sets. In this group it’s also possible to do duo’s or trio’s or whatever the players want to do…
– we’re also interested in collaborations with dancers/performers
– Of course musicians from other planets are welcome too… (not only the Rotterdam planet we mean)
– money will be door income… but the reason for doing this is not ‘playing another gig’… but trying out new ways of making sounds and working with people you haven’t played with before.
Readymade is a possibility for musicians to find new ways of working, new concepts of playing, new people to work with…
– we think that Rotterdam finally has enough interesting musicians to start a weekly improv series that functions as a lab.
– we also think that there are lots of different scenes floating around that don’t meet eachother much, if at all. Readymade is a chance to look beyond your own little world.
– we think music that is blurred, unpure, ecclectic and spontaneous is the way to go… So please well trained jazz kids, allow some horrible noise in your world… and please droneheads listen to a beat or two… and please psychedelic farties, think a bit before you get out of the groove…
– improv music is for everybody to play… it’s not a means to an end… it can be anything you want… it happens in all cultures… it doesn’t necessarely come from jazz, or fluxus, or noise… it comes from the heart as well as the brain…
send us a message if you’re interested in joining….
READYMATE #1, february 17th, Poortgebouw
with; Dennis Verschoor, Jorrit Westerhof, Henk Bakker, Hugo Costa & Eren Aksahin
READYMATE #2, march 26th, Het Geheim van Noord, Noordsingel gevangenis
with; Pierre Bastien, Nina Hitz, Mariette Rouppe van der Voort, Sato Endo, Philipp Ernsting